Welcome more magic into your life with the Moon!
The moon is one of our greatest teachers. Painted in the sky she follows us, teaching us lessons that deepen our human experience. Connecting us to our deeper, emotional side, the moon is a great tool. The moon is one of the few astrological bodies that we can clearly see from our planet -making it one of our strongest influences. Mystical in it glowing essence the moon is symbol of birth, life, and death.
Tuning in with the moon is a perfect way to begin working with astrology. When tracking the cycle of the moon you are learning how to stay in balance and have better control over your life. Aligning yourself with the stars is one of the most powerful aspects of living a spiritual lifestyle. Journaling, meditating, and creating a spiritual practice with la luna is easy and extremely powerful.
Learning the phases of the Moon.
The Moon has eight phases that it goes through. Most people just focus on the two major phases, the new moon and full moon. But the six other phases are key in really working and understanding how the moon rules your life. Without them, you are simply only receiving 1/3 of the moons wisdom. Here are all of the moon phases with details on what energy they bring into your life.
- New Moon: This is a time of going inward and discovering where you are at in your life. It is perfect time for self reflection. During this time the sun and moon are in the same sign, which means that the stars are sending us a strong and clear message. Set intentions and be open to fresh opportunities.
- Waxing Moon: The moon begins to lighten and create the first crescent of the cycle. This is the perfect time to start new projects and ignite a new energy in your life. Set goals and come up with an action plan so that you can follow through with you new moon intentions!
- First Quarter Moon: In half light and dark this moon has strong lessons of balance for us. During this time you can expect many challenges and tests from the universe. You want to stay mindful of ever action and take blockages as an opportunity to reevaluate your course of action.
- Waxing Gibbous: This is when the moon is more than half of the way full! During this time you should be giving your desires your all! Putting you full energy into everything you do. A sense of productivity fuels your passions making this one of the highest and happiest times of the lunar cycle.
- Full Moon: This is a time of fruition. Often times the energy is extremely high making it the perfect opportunity to show off your fulfilled goals to the world. Many breakthroughs happen during this time, and depending on the energy that you have been putting out this can be a positive or negative time for you. None the less this is the best time to let go of all that no longer serves you.
Here is a full moon ritual that you can do to assist in letting go and welcoming good into your life.
- Waning Moon: The moon begins to descend into darkness, making this a time of self healing. The stars reveal more of our shadow self so that we can start to see where more healing is needed. Take lots of time to rest and reflect.
- Last Quarter Moon: Descending even more into darkness, the moon is half dark and half light. Symbolically we in our most neutral state giving us a clear perception on who we are and what we need more or less of. New intentions begin to emerge and you dig deeper into what direction your life is heading into.
- Waning Crescent Moon: Getting closer and closer to the new moon, we are almost in full darkness at this time. Everything is coming full circle and you are gaining more clarity over the darkness in your life. It is important to give yourself space to be with yourself during this time.
Every Moon Cycle Is Different
The Moon is constantly coming in and out of an astrological sign every three days! The makes the energy of every moon cycle and phase very different. Depending on the astrological sign that the moon is in you may be working on different elements of your life. There are 12 astrology signs, and they are divided into 4 elements.
Fire: Works with Spirit.
Sagittarius, Aries, and Leo.
Water: Works with Emotion.
Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio
Air: Works of Inner world & Psychic abilities.
Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius
Earth: Works with our physical Life.
Torus, Vergo, and Capricorn
For example, when the new moon is in Pisces you will be working with the element of water. Water correlates with our emotions. Big shifts within our emotional perspectives and body will take place during that phase of the moon. The more you learn about each zodiac sign, the more you can begun to understand and follow the moon.
How To Work With The Moon
So now that we have learned about the moon phases, we can dig into the top
three methods of working with the moon. It is important that you stay on track with your lunar goals! This will help you use the moon to its full potential. Staying diligent is the key to any spiritual practice! Here are the top three methods you can incorporate into your everyday! These practices will help you stay in alignment and reach your highest potential.
- Make a Moon Phase calendar.
This will help you stay on track and know when exactly what sign the moon is in and what day each phase will take place! You can use the photo above as an example. I recommend hanging this on your mirror or bedroom wall so that you can see it everyday.
- Journal about the Moon.
This is key in keeping track of your growth and staying in tune with yourself. In rough times having a sense of clarity is extremely important, and journaling will bring this. You can get your create Moon Phase journal, or you can purchase one that is specifically made for with with the moon.
- Meditation under the moon.
This is key!!! How can you work with the moon if you dont even tune into it?! Simply go out side in the night and find the moon. Look into it. Study its curves and light. Meditate under it and listen to all that it tells you. By doing this the moon might even be nicer to you 😉
- Make a Moon Phase calendar.
You can manifest with the moon, heal with it, and improve every aspect of you life by simply working with the moon in this way! I hope that this blog found you at the perfect timing for you to tune in and begin a new phase of your spiritual healing <3
I love you all so dearly! Please share this blog with any of your friends and family members who could use some more moon magic in their life! Stay magical Earthlings!